Your booking is safe with us!
Together with our insurance partner Uniqa and FeelSafe, we now offer you the OeAD student housing cancellation insurance in addition to our regular cancellation conditions.
With the OeAD student housing cancellation insurance you can fully insure your entire deposit!
For a one-time insurance premium in the amount of 10% of your selected coverage, the insurance will reimburse you in full for any cancellation before the start of the contract. The premium is voluntary and you can pay it by credit card.
You will be refunded your entire deposit if the accommodation cannot be occupied for the following unforeseen reasons:
- Sudden illness (including COVID quarantine in your home country), or an accident that prevents you from travelling. The inability to travel must be certified by a doctor, stating the diagnosis. Pregnancy complaints, even if they occur suddenly, do not count as illness.
- In case of own death or death of family members (children, spouse, parents or parents-in-law as well as bride and groom or cohabiting partner).
- Life-threatening illness, accident endangering life or death of relatives if your presence is absolutely necessary. Relatives are defined as: Spouse/life partner, parents, parents-in-law, children, children-in-law, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, brother-in-law and sister-in-law.
- Co-insured is the cancellation of the booking due to exit or entry bans or existing travel warnings by the competent authority of the respective home country (e.g. Foreign Office in Germany) on the day of arrival. (This does not apply to warnings for non-essential, tourist trips).
If required, you can also insure your travel costs. Please note that the insurance premium will be increased accordingly.
The following benefits are excluded from the travel insurance:
- Costs for cancellations of your booking, such as moving out or moving in after you have moved in.
- Postponement of your booking
- Quarantine regulations in Austria. If entry is possible, no cancellation costs will be covered.
You can book your insurance here.