Please find all current information, measures and restrictions here.
OeAD student housing takes the protection of personal data very seriously. We will treat your personal data as confidential and according to the legal provisions regarding data protection. Here we want to inform you which personal data we collect when you visit our website and for which purposes we use it.
1.Responsibility for data processing
If you have questions or concerns about the processing or your personal information, please contact us at:
2. General Information
Personal data is information which personally identifies you, such as your name, address and e-mail address. This does not include information that is not directly related to your person (e.g. favourite websites or number of users of a specific site).
3. Data collection and data processing
Basically you can use our online services without disclosing your identity. If, however, you e.g. apply for an accommodation or use the online platform, we will ask you for your name and other personal information such as your e-mail address. It is up to you whether or not you provide this data. We will store your data on specially protected servers. Only a few specially authorised persons who are in charge of the technical, commercial or editorial support of the servers have access to this data.
You can object to the use of your personal data at any time. In such case please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Purpose of the processing and the legal bases
We use your personal information for the following purposes and with the following legal bases:
• Processing requests and registration information for accommodation applications to perform pre-contract steps or to fulfil a contract on the basis of Article 6, par. 1, lit. b) of the General Data Protection Regulation (without information, offers for places in the residences cannot be made)
• Compatible subsequent use of personal information of the residents for customer care (information emails, newsletter, etc.) on the basis of Article 6, par. 1, lit. b) of the General Data Protection Regulation
• Processing personal information for student residence organisation (doorbell list, etc.) on the basis of Article 6, par. 1, lit. a of the General Data Protection Regulation
• Processing of personal information of prize draw contestants on the basis of Article 6, par. 1, lit. a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (consent)
5. Recipient of the personal information
The data will, if it is necessary for the fulfilment of the contract, be passed on to the OeAD-GmbH, to the registration office of municipal district office, to the responsible dorm provider, to the university and to the provider of communication services in the student dorm.
6. Storage period
Your personal information will only be stored by us for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes mentioned under point 4 and as permitted by applicable law. At any rate, we save your personal information as long as there are legal retention requirements in place or periods of limitation for potential legal claims have not yet expired.
7. Cookies and external content
Here you can learn about our use of “cookies” and “external content” embedded into our webpages.
For analysis purposes, third-party cookies are also used when you visit out platforms. These third-party providers help us to collect and analyze data surrounding site visits so that we can continuously improve the service on our platforms.
Cookies are implemented by Google Analytics (Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA).
b) External content
“External content” refers to the display of Instagram photos, Youtube videos, Facebooks posts etc.*
Through the use of external content, third-party providers can collect and process your data. We have no influence over the data processing by these third-party providers, nor are we aware of the full scope or purpose, or relevant data storage and deletion periods.
For data protection reasons, the display of external content and associated data processing by third parties is deactivated as a default setting. The external content will only be displayed with your consent.
You can edit your consent setting at any time by clicking on “Edit privacy settings”
*Providers of external content: